Monday, October 8, 2007

Hunt Tricks




Today we spent the morning at the park. It was a beautiful day - the sky was clear and blue, the temperature was just right and it wasn't windy at all - something that is very unusual for Albuquerque this time of year. It was so pleasant to be outside. The boys were playing on the playgrounds and having a great time. As I hung around the playground to help when needed (especially Andrew), each of them discovered a new "trick". Porter went across the monkey bars by himself, Andrew learned how to go down the slide by himself, and Zach learned to climb up the "web" to the top of the jungle gym by himself. As I marveled and celebrated their achievements, I couldn't help but feel saddened at the reality that they didn't need me any more. Rather than being a helping hand, I had merely become a spectator. Even though I love their independance, it's a sign that my baby boys are growing up. Maybe it's time for another one...

3 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

Time for another one?!?!?! Be careful... sometimes if you just think it, it comes true!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Are you announcing something?! Isn't it sad when our kids don't need us?! I hate it- and it makes me feel really old, like 30 or something! Hah hah- No, it does make me feel old when my kids don't depend on me- I for sure think that's my hang up with having another baby- if I can justkeep popping them out I'll feel young- but look like a tired haggared mother!

Stephanie said...

I'm not announcing anything - and to be honest, not even thinking about it. Not until after next summer...