Monday, January 31, 2011

Project Update

Many, many thanks to those who have agreed to help me with my project for Primary Children's Hospital! The sewing has begun here and I know many of you have started as well.

I have a couple of other requests from the contact person at Primary Children's. Some of then include:

- receiving blankets sized 36"x36" or 44"x44" with a girl print on one side and a boy print on the other
- plain pillowcases for the patients to paint on
- stretchy headbands for the babies in the NICU, sizes 12" to 16", made from any stretchy material (i.e. lace, stockings, elastic) with a flower or something to dress it up, if desired
- eye pillows - a 7 1/2"x4" 'beanbag' made from a soft material like silk, filled with about 5 oz. of rice

If any of these are easier, feel free to make them - anything extra is just icing on the cake! This would be a great project for YW or a easy sewing project to teach to young girls. Let me know if you have any questions!

Now I gotta go sew my dolls...

No comments: