Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Ugly Bush

We have this bush in our front yard that I hate. For 51 out of the 52 weeks of the year, it is brown (like everything else in Albuquerque), ugly and so big it's threatening to take over our driveway. Rhett and I have talked about pulling it for quite a while now; but it's gotten so big that I'm afraid it would be an all day project. But it really needs to go.
The one week that I don't mind the bush is when it's in bloom. It has bright yellow flowers; it smells a little funky, but is somewhat pretty, none-the-less. And for the past few days, it has been filled with Monarch Butterflies! I have never seen so many butterflies in one place in my life! It's been amazing - when we walk by the plant, they all fly up, then settle down back on the flowers to continue their feasting. I had to get my camera and get a few shots!

2 comments:

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Wow, that is so cool!! Your pictures are awesome too!

Diane said...

Great shots Steph! It's too bad that bush is brown all the rest of the time. I have the same issue with Houston...except everything is green and then blossoms 4-5 weeks in one season. Oh well. :)