Monday, June 23, 2008

Mom's Advice

Growing up, whenever my mom was having a particularly hard time with us kids, she would look at me with that exhausted mommy look on her face and say, "Be a nun." I'm seriously rethinking my vocation today and wondering if nun-hood was a better idea. Porter has been exceptionally smart-mouthy today and Andrew has had a few meltdowns of his own. Zach, my usual problem child, is being surprisingly great today; most likely due to Jett being here for the day.

We went to the park for lunch in hopes to get everyone playing and in better spirits (including me) but it just ended up in Porter chasing the other boys around the playground and making them upset, Andrew throwing a crying fit because the swing he wanted was taken, and Jett stepping on what I think was a bee or something and hurting his foot. I brought everyone home with the idea of eternal quiet time, but for boys, that's impossible.

Anyways, here's to hoping the rest of the day turns out better. Andrew's asleep, and the other boys are playing nicely. Now if only the bathrooms didn't need cleaning...

1 comment:

Jana Perkins said...

Ahh, such is motherhood....